As the National Health & Safety Manager for Vanderlande Industries Australia, a global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services, and a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions, the CMSE® Qualification was attractive to me in order to:
- Assist in the optimization of our customer’s business processes and competitive positions with regards to health and safety
- Establish a global collaboration or network of like-minded professionals in machinery safety
- Work closely with our internal Engineering departments to integrate safety early in the design stages improving operations, logistics, and end user serviceability
- Work closely with our suppliers in developing safe systems of work around integrated equipment into our Vanderlande Systems and communicate effectively with our international suppliers
- Global Accreditation to perform my role competently in other Vanderlande Global Locations
- Professional Development ensuring I am current with the Machinery Safety Legislation, Directives, Standards, and norms used on a global scale
The course is challenging, educational, and well organized; not to mention the great catering. The knowledge gained will assist in the maintaining and unification of our Global Safety Management System at Vanderlande. I definitely came out the course with more knowledge, understanding, and greater appreciation of:
- The relationship between International and Australian requirements, regulations, and standards with regards to machinery safety
- Electrical Safety (as I am not an electrician)
- Safety control systems integration
Jerry A. Smith, CMSE®, CPPP
National Health, Safety, Environmental Manager
Vanderlande Industries Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Jerry A. Smith, Vanderlande Industries Australia
Melbourne CMSE Course:
This was a most beneficial training course for me and very applicable to the work we do.
Really enjoyed the week with you guys and would highly recommend to anyone considering the course.
I’ll look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Many thanks to you and your team.
- Steve Bowie, Managing Director, Fusion System Integration
Thank you for the Safety Design - AS4024.1503 (ISO 13849) training session yesterday. We all really learnt a lot and I think we will be more effective at applying this new paradigm to our future safety control systems. Thanks for being flexible in the training schedule near the end there as well.
- Dr. Frank Darmann, Electrical And Control Systems Engineering Team Lead, ANSTO
Regarding the CE Marking course....
"The course gave clear requirements for CE Marking compliance"
- Kevin Quinlan Of CSIRO
" I completed the Certified Machinery Safety Expert Course (CSME) in Melbourne 2013 and found the course to be a comprehensive training suite in all facets of machine safety. It covered all aspects of safety and machine design and included; workplace regulations, Australian, European & US standards, pneumatic systems, guarding, risk rating systems and more. It certainly wasn't simply a course in how to wire safety circuits and use Pilz products.
It was clear from the outset that all of the trainers had immense experience in the field through the clarity and depth to which they could explain each of the topics and even quote lines from the standard without any reference! One of the best aspects of the training was the many practical examples which were given in addition to the discussions within the group relating the content to our current work.
I highly recommend this course to anyone who works with industrial machinery in any capacity. Unlike many other courses I have completed I am actually using what I have learnt in my day to day work! "
- Ben Johnson, Senior Mechatronics Engineer, Cochlear Ltd Australia